- How to go back to work full time and not feel like an awful mother
- How to decide to stay home and not feel like you are missing your career
- How to not feel bad about wanting your screaming child to just shut up and go to sleep
- How to resist the urge to wake your peacefully sleeping baby because you miss her
- How to balance your time between filling bottles, repacking the diaper bag, making lunches for the next day, making dinner for tonight, doing the laundry that you didn't get to over the weekend, spending time with your child since you were at work all day, spending time with your husband, spending time with yourself and still getting to bed at a reasonable hour
- How to talk about all the guilt with other mothers so no one feels alone
If there is anything good to come out of the guilt it is this: It makes me appreciate everything more. I appreciate Peanut's smiles and her inquisitive looks more. I appreciate my husband who has no problem unloading the dishwasher, cooking dinner and folding clothes without complaint and wants to spend time with me and our daughter.
While none of that makes me feel less guilty, it does balance it out and makes it all worth it.