We are on the countdown until Peanut's 1st birthday, which is officially a month away.
I'm thrilled that we have a happy, healthy girl who is thriving, growing and developing just as she should. I'm excited that we are about to celebrate such an important milestone that will be the first of so many. I want to cry with joy when I look back on the past year and the amazement of watching her grow.
And, perhaps most importantly, I can't wait to be done with breastfeeding.
Judge me if you want. I enjoyed it while it lasted. I'm glad I did it. I'm glad I'm almost done with it.
New tricks this month:
- Peanut is so close to walking. She's taken four steps but that's about it. She can really get it going with her push walker.
- She hugs and puts her head down in our laps and we rub her back and say "sweet baby girl." She's so proud of herself that she does it over and over again.
- She thrusts her chubby little hand to the object of her desire and looks at us expectantly.
- She loves when we read to her and wants the same book read a dozen times. She's even content to flip through the book on her own, jabbering the entire time.
- Peanut may or may not be teething. We've had symptoms of teething this week but she's calmed and nothing is showing itself. I'm beginning to wonder if they make dentures for toddlers.
Here she is (and I surprisingly got this on the first try, which is good because she was not having it after this):
Why yes, I am rocking a new hairstyle. Thank you for noticing.
For a quick tour down memory lane:
6 months, 7 months, 8 months, 9 months, 10 months.