Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy birthday, my love

A look back at the first year

1st month - What is going on and why do you keep taking pictures of me?


2nd month - Momma, you aren't going to like this one later because it won't look like the others.


3rd month - Well, hello there. This is a new perspective.


4th month - Someone help. Anyone? This woman won't stop taking my picture.


5th month - What is this smiling you speak of and why do you want me to do it on command?


6th month - I'm sitting up on my own and I'm not so sure about it.


7th month - OK, this isn't so bad. How about I actually try to smile for you, Momma?


8th month - Liked my smile so much from last month I think I will sport it again.


9th month - Look, Momma. I'm looking all grown up in my footie pjs.

10th month - I'm suddenly aware of this duck and I'm suspicious. Much like the goats.


11th month - Momma finally wrangled me to get my hair in a pigtail. I let her win.

1 year - This is the best you are going to get, Momma. Just be sure to tell Aunt Hill thanks for my very cool outfit.

We are spending a quiet day just the three of us with the party next weekend (plenty of pictures will be shared.)

This, without a doubt, has been the best year of my life and I am thankful for all of our many blessings. Thank you for letting me share them with you.

3 comments:

Two Braids said...

adorable every single time. Can't wait until she is 18 and you still take the "duck" picture on her birthday! great idea. Happy Birthday Peanut

Hillary said...

Awww, she looks so cute! Are you going to make her skip around the room? : )

Mary said...

I agree with Hillary! You should hold her and skip around the room! On all my students birthday's we sing "skip around the room" but substitute the words "won't be quite" instead of "won't shut up"