Thursday, July 30, 2009

No comment

The husband and I carpooled, and of course that means he ended up having to work late. I left him at the office, picked up The Boy, killed an hour with errands and the husband still needed to wait around for one more story. So The Boy and I sat at my desk, munching on egg rolls and looking at pictures.

"Phone, phone, phone," The Boy said.

One of our coworkers took pity on him and asked for my extension. "I'll talk to him."

The phone rang. We picked it up.

"Hello, I'm trying to reach Mr. Boy."

The Boy was silent, shocked I think to hear a real voice on the other end of the line. He just looked at the receiver through a few more pleasantries.

"I'd like to ask you a couple questions today, Mr. Boy, about becoming a big brother."

"Bye!" The Boy said and shoved the phone away.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Too funny! He's already learning the ways of the world!

k said...

It's like he's had media training.