Monday, July 6, 2009

Tooth sighting

Houston, we have a tooth.

My little Peanut, just two weeks shy of her 1st birthday, broke her first tooth today.

I don't know why but I think this is the most excited I've been about a milestone. Perhaps because it is a definite thing. Either there is a tooth or there isn't.

With everything else, she started off doing things - kind of. Kind of talking since various jabbering sounds like words that may or may not actually be words. Kind of walking since there was a step or two then a fall. Kind of sitting up because much like the walking she spent most of the time falling.

We've had a rough last week between illness and weaning. I thought the very loud whining and crying meant that I was traumatizing her by not nursing so much. I began to second guess my decision. But now I can attribute at least some of the sadness to teething.

I would post a picture but I'm lucky I was able to see it. Babies aren't really into holding their mouths open for inspection.

1 comment:

k said...

Yea for chompers (and Children's Motrin)!

Watch out, though, they're like little pirhana teeth. Razor sharp!