- Sneaking out the house so Peanut didn't see us leave. Failing. Listening to her cry as we left. Finding out when we came home that she cried for less than 30 seconds.
- Listening to Elmo laugh at us from the back seat as we headed to the movie, reminding me yet again how much toys that make sound freak me out.
- Seeing girls dressed for homecoming, some of whom were able to dress nicely and still look cute, one whose dress was so short I said, "That's not homecoming, that's a negligee."
- Questioning whether the husband would be OK with getting an Ohio State University toy box for his man room for Christmas. His response, "Would that really be for me?" and when I said yes, he shrugged his shoulders and said OK.
- Griping over $34.99 Buckeye T-shirts. Seriously, who pays that much for a T-shirt with a nut on it?
- Judging parents who brought a 3-year-old to a PG-13 movie that didn't get out until 10 p.m. Staring at my husband intently when they had to take him out because he was crying.
- Opting to go home and raid my parents' liquor cabinet and spend some quiet time with the husband instead of going to a noisy piano bar with friends.
And who says your life is over once you have kids?