Monday, January 18, 2010

No longer 21

Ever have one of those moments when you realize your youth is gone? Way gone?

I'm living that right now.

Sunday morning, I successfully dropped Peanut off with my parents for her first sleepover without momma or daddy. With a quick kiss and a reminder to say "please" and "thank you" I jumped back in my car before either of us could weep.

The husband and I had an exciting afternoon planned at the hardware store. We want to redo our bathroom but so far our decisions have been thwarted by one of us chasing Peanut in the store while the other stands indecisively in front of a wall of tile.

Without our lovely darling to distract us, we were able to pick out some fabulous tile.

And this is where things get interesting.

We got home just in time to prepare for our evening with friends watching football. Watching football also involved eating and drinking. Cosmos to be exact. A number of which I am not going to reveal but let's just say I apparently forgot that I don't have the tolerance of a 21 year old anymore.

I've spent most of the day longing for my bed but trying not to act hung over.

No, I don't feel sick. I'm fine. I'm a grown, responsible mother who would never leave her daughter with someone else so she could drink so much she would feel sick the next day and into the evening.

Oy, people.

Thankfully, nothing embarrassing happened and I learned my lesson. I am definitely not 21 anymore.

So, how was your weekend?

2 comments:

k said...

I have found that along with drinking--staying up late is kind of a downer when you have small fries at home.

Who wants to feel like a hot mess while trying to tolerate Elmo and constant demands for coloring?

Two Braids said...

I had a great weekend! Surprise birhtday party including my parents surprise visit. They showed up a 10:15p.m. Friday night and I was already in bed for about 15 minutes. They showed up with 6 bottles of wine! Time to get our drink on. Needless to say we consumed a lot of yummy drinks this weekend-it was kinda like my 21st at OU...3 days of drinking! (Thanks to the MLK holiday). Lucily I was not hungover. Partched? Yes. Dehydrated? Yes. Sleep deprived? Yes. but hungover, thank goodness no!