Friday, April 30, 2010

Weird

Breastfeeding amazes me. Women's bodies are so weird and perfect.

I pumped only about 13 oz yesterday, not enough to replace the 15 oz The Lad drinks everyday at daycare. But when I picked him up, Miss C informed me still had a whole bottle left. That always happens. The days I pump less than normal are the days The Lad eats less. We're in sync even when we're away from each other for nearly nine hours.

Also, I've had more intense cravings since giving birth than I ever had carrying The Lad. I want peanut butter and nuts and cheese and eggs and meat and oatmeal. Oh lord! I would give my right arm for a bowl of oatmeal and raisins right now.

And what foods are good for milk supply? Foods high in protein and yes, oatmeal.

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

Our bodies are so amazing!