Monday, June 6, 2011

Car pout

We were rear-ended two weekends ago. Everyone's fine. Right after it happened, the husband and I whirled around in our seats to check on the boys (who were fine). The Boy's response when we asked if he was OK: "Yeah. BUT WILL OUR CAR BE OK?"

The answer to that question is no. It wasn't horrible damage, but the entire passenger-side taillight was crushed and the bumper has to be replaced. We took it in for repairs today, expecting it to be in for a week. The mechanics called and said they discovered more damage -- nothing major to the frame, but enough piddly stuff that they couldn't guarantee it would be done until next week.

The upshot to all of this is that we are a one-car family for the next 10 days or so. (We were cheap and opted out of rental car coverage. SIGH) It's not a huge deal. We work in the same building; the other car (my reliable little Saturn ION) is fine. But it means the husband has to leave at 5 p.m. And what that really means is that I'll still leave at 5 p.m., but instead of going straight home, I'll have to circle back and pick up the husband OR entertain the kids in the office or outside while he tries to extricate himself from deadline demands. Maybe not every night, the husband said.

Guess what I'm doing tonight?

This is not the end of the world. It is slightly irritating.

What's slightly irritating you these days?

4 comments:

Erica said...

Allergies!!!

Jessica said...

Ugh, that's so annoying. Do you have to buy new carseats, too?

d e v a n said...

Well, that's frustrating...

k said...

I wrinkled my nose in frustration for you. Thumbs down to that.

I'm irritated by not being able to get my can in bed at a decent time and then feeling tired in the morning. It's my own damn fault.