Friday, October 14, 2011

Overheard: Brothers

The Lad and The Boy are playing puzzles in The Boy's bedroom. Seconds after I suggested the idea -- The Lad wanted me to help put the thing together; I told him to ask The Boy for help -- screams erupt. A growl from The Boy follows.

Boy: This doesn't go there. GRRRRR.

Lad: (Screams)

Boy: UGH! I'm having a hard time with him!

Lad: (Screams)

Boy: NO! That doesn't go there. Lad! Here.

Lad: (smacking noise)

Boy: Lad, how many times do I have to tell you: I don't need the hammerheads. (It's a dinosaur puzzle.)

Lad: GAH!

Boy: HEY! If you want to throw puzzles pieces, then stop. OW! OW! What the heck are you doing?!

Lad: (emerges from room crying)

Boy: (still in the room) If you calm down I'll let you see. If you calm down, I'll show you how to build. Be quiet, Lad. .... He's mad because I wouldn't let him put the pieces there and here.

No comments: