Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Fudge recipe

Mama Bub asked for the peanut butter fudge recipe I used on cookie day, and it is pretty darn good, so I thought I'd share. Supposedly, this recipe came from my Great Great Aunt Bea, but I'm guessing it came off an evaporated milk label or something somewhere. Anyway ....

Peanut Butter Fudge
4 1/2 cups sugar
1 15-ounce can evaporated milk
1 pint marshmallow creme/fluff
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 to 2 pounds peanut butter
Mix sugar and evaporated milk in a LARGE saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir it constantly, watch it closely and be patient. It takes awhile. Stir, stir, stir. Don't stop stirring. You don't want it to burn.
Once it starts boiling, turn the heat to medium-low and let it boil for 10 minutes. Keep stirring.
Meanwhile, have someone else dump the marshmallow fluff, peanut butter and vanilla in a bowl. If you don't have help, do this before you start boiling the sugar. And use a big bowl.
When the 10 minutes are up, pour the hot sugar-milk concoction over the peanut butter and marshmallow. Stir until smooth. This take a bit of work. You don't want any streaks of marshmallow.
Pour it into a lipped cookie sheet/jelly roll pan. For easy clean up, cover it in foil and then line the bottom with parchment paper.
Let the fudge set up. This takes awhile. I let mine set at room temp for about five hours while we made other cookies.
Cut into tiny squares. This stuff is rich. It also is a very soft fudge. If you like grainy, hard fudge, this is not the recipe for you.

3 comments:

Mama Bub said...

Hooray! Thank you! I'm adding this to my list for Thursday - aka baking day.

~she~ said...

Mmmmm...I can feel my stomach rolls expanding!

Mama Bub said...

Hmm. My evaporated milk comes in 12 ounce cans.