Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ragamuffins

How cute are my little ragamuffins?


Gramma took this picture while they stayed with her this weekend and the husband and I had a romantic Valentine's weekend in which I stayed in bed most of the time sick with the plague. Nothing says romance like snot, coughing and cold sweats.

While the girls look adorable, it made me realize how we all need some hair tending. This weekend, all three of us are getting our hair cut. This will be Gizmo's first trip to the salon. Peanut says she wants her hair cut short but I'm not sure she knows exactly what that means. Gizmo is just going to get some evening out. I'm letting her bangs grow out because I refuse to let the girls have bangs after childhood traumas that involved too short bangs.

I've been getting my hair cut by the same woman since I was 8 years old (she wasn't responsible for the bangs. The problem usually resulted after an at-home trim session.) She has cut three generations of our family's hair - my mom, my sister and me, and now our kids. I drive an hour just to go see her because I don't trust anyone else.

Right after I had Peanut, I chopped my hair off. Exhibit A:


After Gizmo, I decided to let it grow out and then donate when I decide to cut it. Exhibit B:


I think I have enough to donate without cutting all my hair off but I'm not sure I want to do it yet. The husband loves my hair long while my mom keeps telling me it is my hair and I can do whatever I want with it. I just don't know what I want, except low maintenance.

I'm thinking of either staying long and adding bangs (are bangs still cool?):


Or cutting it off a la this:


Any suggestions?

5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

That is a super cute picture of them!

Can you decide what I should do to my hair too? I haven't gotten it cut in ages.

Elsha said...

Kalena's hair needs definitely needs more tending. However, I refuse to give her bangs because I don't want to deal with the upkeep. On the other hand, I continually debate whether I should get bangs for myself or not. I am indecisive.

Erica said...

I am on team cut it off. It always grows back!

Mrs. Irritation said...

How's your foot?

I'm not a fan of bangs, on grown ups or little girls. Too much maintenance.

Of course, I only get my hair cut 3 or 4 times a year so what do I know?

Your girls are stinkin' cute!!

Sarah said...

I think I liked the picture of your hair short best. It's a thin margin though. They're both GOOD haircuts. And bangs... Bangs are so tricky. I can't deal with them- I just can't be bothered. But I usually like them on other people. I'd say if you're someone who actually DOES your hair I'd go for it.