Songs I can't get enough of:
1.Without you David Guetta featuring Usher
2. Brokenhearted by Karmin
3. Glad you Came by The Wanted
4. We are Young by fun.
5. Somebody that I used to know by Gotye featuring Kimba - This? This right here is the kid whisperer song. Gizmo actually pushed me out of the way the other morning when she heard it come on Vh1. Pushed her mother out of the way. Both girls stop what they are doing and just stare when the video is on. So my gift to you today is this: If your kids are acting crazy, flip this song on. It will stop them in their tracks.
Books I've read recently that I would recommend:
(I've read about 20 books this year. Not nearly the pace of last year, which is fine by me.)
1. Sisterhood of the Traveling pants series - OK, I know. A little juvenile. BUT, the last one is not, and really it is the best one.
2. The Eternal Ones series - Another YA novel. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm a 16-year-old girl at heart. The first one was really good. The second one, not so much.
3. My Name is Memory - I loved this one. Loved it. Reincarnation is my new favorite theme. I'm over vampires. But still haven't moved on from dystopian worlds.
4. Is everyone hanging out without me? by Mindy Kaling. I usually am not a fan of celebrity-written books. I really liked this one. Very funny.
5. I don't have a fifth book to recommend because everything else I have read has been blah.
Books I want to read:
3. The Pregnancy Project
4. Insurgent (Divergent sequel out May 1, which is next week, how the heck did that happen?)
5. The Happiness Project
Things from Gizmo's 15-month check up.
1. She's in the 95 percentile for her height and head size.
2. She's in the 50th percentile for weight.
3. The doctor noted that she is a little light for her height. When I told him she is a bottomless pit, he then told me we should make sure she doesn't become overweight. Did you not just tell me her weight is low for her height?
4. She is hitting all of her milestones just fine. I'm still a little nervous nelly over her verbal skills but I think it is because I am unfairly comparing her to her sister who was always way ahead of schedule when it came to talking. Gizmo has about 6-10 words that she uses consistently and she's starting to sign eat and more (interchangably, which is kind of funny).
5. Gizmo is so much calmer with the doctor than Peanut ever was. Peanut would scream her head off whenever the doctor came near her. When she was about 2.5, she started shaking when the doctor examined her. She has since calmed down. A little bit. Gizmo just chills. Quietly looks at him, like, "what's up?"
Funny things Peanut has said lately:
1. I want to keep Gizmo.
2. I want to keep you, Momma.
3. When I'm old enough to pick up poop, I want a dog. A Chihuahua.
4. Mommy you smell like beer (and I hadn't even been drinking.)
5. And, OK, she didn't say this but it is cute and funny. Today is dress like something at the circus and Peanut picked an elephant. One that sports a pink bolero sweater and jeggings.